The Brian Terry Foundation is a nonprofit organization formed to honor the memory of fallen U.S. Border Patrol Agent, Brian A. Terry. One of the key missions of the Brian Terry Foundation is the provision of providing college scholarships to young men and women who exemplify the qualities of justice, honor, and accountability, qualities personified by Brian Terry during his lifetime. Because education is a crucial stepping stone to success, the Brian Terry Foundation recognizes the importance of supporting students as they pursue academic excellence. The Brian Terry Scholarship is unique for the fact that it is intended for students intending to study criminal justice or a related field of study and eventually seeking a career in law enforcement.
The Brian Terry Foundation Scholarship Program supports this mission by providing financial support to students who are preparing to or already attending college. As a Brian Terry Foundation scholarship recipient, students will receive financial assistance with the costs and expenses associated with attending college.
Brian Terry Scholars MUST be accepted to or be attending college.
Brian Terry Scholars MUST be intending to study criminal justice or a related field of study. Brian Terry Scholars MUST be currently seeking an undergraduate degree.
Applications will be accepted beginning in January 2017. We are currently accepting Brian Terry Scholarship Program applications for the 2017-2018 academic year. Scholarship applications will be accepted and evaluated on a first-come, first-serve basis. The application process will close once the Brian Terry Foundation receives 100 applications for the 2017-2018 academic year. Applicants who are not accepted for the 2017-2018 academic year will, at their request, be put on a waitlist for the next academic year and will be required to submit an update to their application when the application process reopens.
1. Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly in black or blue ink) Postmarked no later than May 31, 2017.
2. Two (2) completed recommendation letters from applicant's choice of high school teachers, college professors, administrators, counselors, employers, non-family members. recommendation letters must be mailed, by the reference, in a sealed envelope directly to the Brian Terry Foundation.
3. An official and recent high school or college transcript including cumulative grade point average.
4. Personal Essay: (1,500 Character Limit)
5. Two (2) self-addressed stamped envelopes. One will be used to acknowledge receipt of your application and the other will notify you of your scholarship application results.
You will be notified via e-mail once your application is received. Once all applications have been reviewed, you will be notified in July 2017 via regular mail and telephone if you have been accepted as a Brian Terry Scholar.
DEADLINE for the application is May 31, 2017. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered.